Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

The kids have been sick all week, and I've been going nearly crazy cooped up in the house. Finally, today I couldn't take it any longer. Trying to put Ryan to sleep, I decided to drive up Provo Canyon (Ryan wanted to see the waterfall and the tunnel). I kept going past Sundance and up over the mountain. I was really excited that I didn't have to pay anything, just drive through all the beautiful colors and enjoy the fresh air coming through the windows. It reminded me of all the many things I love about fall: clarity of crisp air, the smell of dying leaves, yellow aspens, orange oaks, red maples . . . I highly recommend making the drive before it snows!

3 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Mike took the day off Saturday so that we could all go up to Sundance and ride the ski lift, and then go walk around Cascade Springs. Then he got sick. And now PK is getting a runny nose, and I am well, SAD. It seems like I always have these grand plans to do things around Utah and they never pan out. Now the snow is coming and I won't get the chance. Do I sound like an eeyore right now or what? I'm glad you guys got the chance to go, and I'm sorry your kids are sick too. :(

Miss Megan said...

took the day off Friday

I need help!

Unknown said...

tHAt is beautiful...I love the fall