Monday, April 19, 2010

The Best Ten Years




All right, after months and months of making my friends and family all look good because I never write a blog, I'm done! Time to take my place in the blogosphere again.

This week we will be celebrating our tenth anniversary on Earth Day. It's a happy coincidence to have it on the same day. To celebrate, we are taking a short cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico, and then spending a day a Disneyland and one at Magic Mountain. We are so grateful to the friends and family that are watching the kids for us, so we can spend some time alone.

To celebrate the last ten years, I thought I'd list my top ten favorite things about being married to Nate.
1. He loves me absolutely and completely and is more patient with me than I sometimes deserve.
2. He brings out the best in me and makes me a better person: I have learned to not get so stressed out and I know I have his absolute support so I am willing to try new things.
3. He works hard and plays hard, and he has taught me that it is important to do both.
4. I almost never have to do dishes. :)
5. He knows how to make the whole family's boo-boos go away.
6. There is never a day that goes by where he doesn't make me laugh . . . a lot.
7. He always puts our family first, and I always know that we are his top priority.
8. I can talk to him about everything; he is my therapist, spiritual advisor, and best friend.
9. He is loyal to his friends and family and stands by them no matter what.
10. He is open-minded and fair with everyone he meets.

The last ten years have been amazing, and I suspect the next ten will be even more so!

2 comments:

Greta Henricksen said...

That is so great. Thanks for sharing those sweet comments about your husband. I hope you guys are having a blast. I told your friend she could call on me if she needs any help with the kids! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on 10 years...isn't marriage fabulous, especially when you have a winner!
Sounds like your cruise was a success and so much fun!