Thursday, May 17, 2007

Race for the Cure

So I thought I'd share some of the things that I've been doing when I wasn't blogging. Every year, the Saturday before Mother's Day, they hold the Race for the Cure in Salt Lake. It raises money for breast cancer research. Mom Burt is a four-year breast cancer survivor, so we have made it a family tradition to participate every year. This year there were more than 16,000 people officially running in the race and a large number of others also (including kids, etc.). This was our race team: Nate, Ryan, my nephews Austin and Adam, and me. We all walked the 5K. (Most of the family ran the 5K.)


There were a LOT of people there:


We finished the race in 55 minutes. We would have finished it sooner, but Austin and Adam started getting really tired (or bored), so we had to help drag them along; Nate even gave them piggyback rides for part of the race. At the end, Mom walked in the March of the Survivors:

And Ryan cheered her on!

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Way to spend your Saturday doing something worthwhile.

Thanks for having us over again last week, we can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. The Office rules the universe baby!