Monday, September 3, 2007

Things to Be Thankful For

I thought I'd write a list of a few things I've been grateful for lately.
1. Getting to go on vacation--I had a great time in Cedar City with Nate, Ryan, my parents, and Austen. The UT Shakespeare Festival is one of the milestones of my year and something I look forward to greatly. And then I was lucky enough to go with Ryan, Warren, and Sarah to meet Nate's parents in San Diego. I loved going to the zoo and hanging out at the beach! While I came home exhausted, it was oh so worth it! Plenty of memories to get me through the rough time ahead of not sleeping, etc. And I had a wonderful road trip with Nate's mom on the way home!
2. The beach--Did I mention how much I love the beach? I haven't been there in several years, but there is something about the waves, the crashing surf, the sand under your feet. And every time I go, it reminds me of Nate proposing.
3. A healthy pregnancy--As much as I ache and can't sleep and keep getting kicked, I am very grateful that everything is going along smoothly. Sofia is active and healthy. Oh, yeah, and I only have four weeks to go! The official date is October 1, unless she decides to come early, which none of us really thinks is going to happen.
4. Nate--Nate's been giving me lots of chances lately to sleep, keeping Ryan busy, and letting me have some time to myself (I went to Becoming Jane today, and I've been scrapbooking a few times with Keri and Mom Burt). And Nate's been extremely understanding through all my mood swings and complaints. Nate, you're the best!

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I'm grateful for my friend Marie.

Nate said...

I, too, am grateful for all the things Marie mentioned. Except, of course, that last one. I have to reverse it.. I'm grateful for Marie. She works so hard to keep us moving and improving.

Love you Dear!

Nate