Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Favorite Season


Fall is probably my very favorite season for so many reasons:
  1. Cooler weather: It's perfect for wearing sweaters, cuddling under blankets, and enjoying warm drinks like hot chocolate, apple cider, and wassail.
  2. Autumn leaves: The crunch under my feet, the musty smell, the gorgeous colors. And who doesn't love playing in piles of leaves in the back yard?
  3. Fall foods: Apple pies and cobblers, baked apples with raisins and nuts, pumpkin pie and breads, melt-in-your-mouth squash, and Thanksgiving feasts.
  4. Holidays: Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday (next to Christmas) because I love getting together with family and friends, especially to celebrate our gratitude. And I've gained a new appreciation for Halloween seeing how much fun the kids have with it.
  5. Activities: I love going to corn mazes, hay rides, decorating pumpkins, making scarecrows, and planning costumes for Halloween.
  6. Smells: My favorite smells are in November. Besides the smells of autumn leaves, baking pies, and Thanksgiving, I love the transition to the smells of Christmas: pine, peppermint, cinnamon.
What do you love about fall? What is your favorite season?

3 comments:

Nate said...

Falls nice.. I like it.

Winter is also nice (I like the cold).

And who doesn't love the sunshine and summer activities...

I don't know that I could pick a favorite season. I try to be happy any time of the year.

Nate

PS... Spring sure does have a lot of pollen..so I

Nate said...

So I might have to say that it's the hardest season for me...

NutMeg said...

It's gotta be FALL!

Obviously I'm a little obsessed (please reference Cupcake Chowder)! Bobbing for apples, costume parties, roasting marshmallows in the backyard or up the canyon, the fall leaves, the cooler weather, gearing up for the holidays, suspenseful -not scary- movies (I agree, horror is out for me too), hot food: soups, casseroles, pies, cider, etc., decorations, parties, candy, pumpkins, my fuzzy boots, back to school, spicy scented candles.

What's not to love?