Monday, January 14, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I actually started my resolutions at Thanksgiving, so I wouldn't procrastinate and could work on being less stressed during the holidays. I chose three; I figured if I kept them simple, I might have a better chance or working on them all year. :D

1. Be less stressed. I've been wound up so much of my life, which affects my health and happiness (not to mention my family's happiness). I've already been doing better; I have my lapses, but I've been trying to be more flexible in my plans, more pleased with my best efforts (instead of tearing all the efforts apart), and trying not to take on too much.

2. Improve my posture. My lower back hurts a lot because I slouch, so I'm trying to correct that and working out to strengthen my core muscles.

3. Do things that scare me or that are difficult for me. This list could be ridiculously long if I wanted it to be, but the main goal here is to get more comfortable with taking risks and learning that failure is not the worst thing in the world (of course, if I can actually learn to do some of these things, so much the better). High on my list are baking bread, playing the guitar, visiting teaching, and using the phone (I'm terrified of it, but I'm starting to get a little better).

I figure the more places I write this, the more accountability I'll have!

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Good luck with all your resolutions! I'm sorry that you missed "Persuasion". You can come over anytime and watch it with me. My girlfriend Katie said that they posted it on YouTube, so you can watch it there as well.

One of my new year resolutions is to spend more time with my friends. :)