Thursday, August 2, 2007

My favorite movies

I've been meaning to do this blog for a long time. As I've thought about, I realize that my taste is fairly unsophisticated. I enjoy a movie that makes me think, but I won't necessarily watch it over and over. So, in no particular order, here are the movies that most enjoy watching repeatedly.
  1. The Princess Bride: This is both a wonderful movie and book (if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it). It's very quotable and has everything--adventure, romance, comedy, drama. This movie has long been my "sick movie," the one I watch when I need comfort. :D
  2. Monsters Inc.: My favorite Pixar movie. I think it is funny, and I absolutely love Boo. . . . I always loved her, but I love her even more now that Ryan is starting to remind me of her.
  3. Remember the Titans: We originally went to see this because I went to T.C. Williams High School when I lived in VA, but I fell in love with it because it deals with overcoming racial issues (which has always been important to me). It may be overly sentimental in places, but I still love it.
  4. The Lion King: My favorite Disney movie (see the previous post as to why).
  5. Anne of Green Gables (and the sequels): This is one of the first movies my mom recorded on our VCR, so I've been watching this most of my life. I love Anne's spirit, her intelligence, and I'm not afraid to watch eight hours of her to get to that final kiss!
  6. Star Wars IV, V, VI: My brothers and I introduced ourselves to these watching cable TV. I love the stories, the characters, the epic battle of good and evil, and the redemption of the father at the end.
  7. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: I love Sean Connery and Harrison Ford, and I love WWII stuff. I love all of the Indy movies, but this is the best because of the father/son relationship.

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Wow. A great list of movies I myself enjoy watching over and over again, with the exception of Titans (not a fan, but hey, to each his own). Princess Bride is possibly the most quotable movie ever made, and Star Wars/Indiana Jones are classics. You can't ever seem to go wrong with Spielberg. Yeah for movies!