Friday, October 5, 2007

Welcome, Sofia!!

So, on October 1, we welcomed the newest member of our family! This C-section went infinitely better than with Ryan: I was well-rested and prepared for it, and the nurses and doctors all listened to my concerns. Sofia is healthy; she sleeps well, eats well, and is cute as a button! I just thought I'd share some pictures from the hospital. :D

After the procedure:

Bright-eyed and alert little girl:

Ryan adores his little sister!
Sleeping peacefully:



Going home from the hospital:

3 comments:

Nate said...

Isn't she cute?! Oh yeah.. and Sofia is really cute too!

I'm so glad things have gone so well. Ryan really is excited about his sister, and really wants to be helpful. In fact sometimes we have to ask him to try to not be quite so helpful (when he starts to push "Mommy")

You did well Marie! I love you!

Nate

NutMeg said...

Sofia! We are so happy you are here, and have joined us on earth. You are so precious! We can't wait to see all the great and marvelous things you will accomplish in this life.

Nate & Marie: It was nice seeing you in the hospital. Glad this went better than last time, and let me know what day I can bring you some lasagna. Love, Mike, Meg & Peter

Englishfam said...

She looks so much like Ryan to me! She is so adorable. Congrats on your new addition! Cherish these moments of her being so little, it goes by so fast(I'm sure you know this but just a reminder :). I have been induced with both my boys and it was so nice to be able to pick the date and be ready. Can't wait to see you Sofia!