Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Book of Mormon Retreat

Thanks to Nate, I got to go with the Laurels on a retreat last weekend. We went up to the Wildings' property, which is overwhelming in both size and beauty. They were so kind to let us stay up there. A couple of the girls were able to bring their mothers. We ate great food and enjoyed reading the Book of Mormon for hours on end. After 10 hours of hard reading, we were able to get to the beginning of Alma! I appreciated the spiritual discussions and especially being able to see how everything fits together. Below are Whitney, Lauren, and Katie as we read!


4 comments:

Nate said...

I'm glad you were able to go. Not only did you get a chance to spend time with the Laurels, but you also got a chance for some spiritual enlightenment.

I'm also glad you came home when you did... I sure missed you while you were gone. And I was ready for help with the kids.

Miss Megan said...

It looks like a lot of fun actually. (I think its interesting what I consider "fun" in my old age). But really, a night away from the kids is simply heaven on earth. And I love YW, I am still having a hard time with being released. I wanna go back! Waaah!

Lindsay Duerden said...

It looks like you guys really had a blast! I'm so glad. What a great experience. :)

Jordan and Jandee said...

what a cool idea to do with your laurels! i don't know if mine would make it past two hours of reading though.