Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm still alive and grateful!

So it's been more than six weeks since my last post, so I thought I'd check in and say that despite the atrocious behavior of my kids of late, I have a lot to be thankful for.
  1. We have sprinklers! Thanks to the efforts of a LOT of people (Matt, Dan, Dad, Mom, Ryan at times, and especially Nate, Ben, Warren, and Lindsey), we now have water at the touch of a button. The drip systems for the gardens will follow this week. :D
  2. I have an amazing support system! I am surrounded by family members that love me, friends who lift me up and remind me I'm not insane, and ward members who are there to help.
  3. We are out of debt! I know I've already said it before, but I can't tell you the peace I have not owing other people.
  4. I'm surrounded by amazing mothers! This may sound like #2, but this is something that has meant a lot to me lately. I am inspired by the women who surround me.
  5. I am going to plant my garden this week! Though it's been delayed because of the sprinkler project, I am finally going to get to plant at least some of what I planned this year. And my goal is to have at least 60% of it come up (last year, I got 30%).
  6. I am married to my best friend and my best tether to sanity!
  7. I have kids who usually try to behave and are usually extremely good (at least for other people).
  8. We have a slide! Jen and Klay got a Little Tikes play structure from someone in their neighborhood and brought it over; it makes a HUGE difference when we're outside trying to get something done.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Congrats on being out of debt! We are working on it too, Dave Ramsey by any chance? It was good to see you at the craft stores a little while ago...glad to see that you are still alive. ;)

Nate said...

I'm grateful for you Marie. Love you!