Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks

I love this time of the year so much! It's great to pause and remember all of our blessings, so here are a few of my recent favorite things: A letter from Lauren, one of my Laurels, to tell me how much she loves me, right when I needed a pick-me-up. Sofie finally toddling all over the place and learning to sign "please" and "thank you" because she cries at least 50% less now that she can get around and communicate a little bit. Ryan asking to use the potty two times in a row; it didn't last, but it gives me hope. Running with Warren and Lindsay (2 miles!!). Finding a great deal thanks to the Savvy Shopper! Finding an awesome deal on my own! The Mentalist and Pushing Daisies. Being a pirate for Halloween and finding the whole outfit in my closet. Ryan and Sofie laughing together, even when it means a big mess to clean up later. My coupon organizer. Mom helping me put together 20 tiles! The new Smith's Marketplace across from IMFT. Weekly lunches with Nate (2.3 years and haven't missed a week!). Dishing with Megan. Sanity lunches with Jenny. "It's a New Day!" And the best husband in the entire world!

3 comments:

Nate said...

You forgot... ME!!! :)

Isn't it wonderful to examine how blessed we are! I'm grateful for you Marie, and for the joy you bring to my life.

Love you!

Nate

Marie said...

Fixed it, sweetie! I really do feel blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!

Greta said...

I love pushing daisies too!! I am watching it right now. DVRed.