Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Not-so-obvious Blessings

I figured now was a good time to express my gratitude for a few things that I may not have been grateful for earlier but have come to really appreciate.
  1. Nate losing his job in Arizona was one of the best things that could have happened because it enabled him to get a job back in Utah that was so much better than any previous job and that lets us live so close to our family.
  2. Sofia crying so much for so many months has helped me really appreciate how happy she is now. It also makes it a little easier to wink at some of the messes, etc. that she's always getting into.
  3. Not getting any work this year (except for the one manuscript that paid for all the car problems) has given me more time to spend with the kids and to renew friendships. I've gotten to have nearly weekly lunches with Jenny, go scrapbooking with Mom and Keri, spend more time with Mike and Megan, learn all sorts of new things like how to make bread and pie, and learn to budget and coupon.
I'm so grateful for so many things, and I hope you each have a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Nate said...

It's amazing that what seems like a real hardship at the time can turn out to be such a huge blessing in life.

Something to keep in mind next time we experience a huge hardship!

To that end I'm grateful for the ability to learn from past experiences, so hopefully we don't have to repeat them!

Miss Megan said...

Is it wrong to say that I'm really glad Nate lost his job too? I know it was hard on you guys, but I am SO GLAD you live 20 minutes away! What did I ever do without my Marie? We love spending time with you too! Speaking of which...call me soon!