Monday, November 24, 2008

"Pushing Daisies" is pushing daisies!

I'm just writing this post to lament the passing of one of my favorite shows. Quirky, original, colorful, the show never ceases to entertain. It has lively banter and fabulous narration by Jim Dale (how could you not love the man's voice?), and it has everything that I love: mystery, comedy, and romance. The actors are all phenomenal, particularly Lee Pace as Ned the pie man and Kristin Chenoweth as Olive Snook.

I'm still in disbelief that ABC has canceled it, especially given the three Emmys it won and the dozen others that it was nominated for. It just needed more time to gain an audience. I keep hoping that some other network will see it for the gem it is and pick it up. In a perfect world, I suppose.

In the meantime, here's to the awesome show that almost was!

4 comments:

Nate said...

I'm also mourning the loss of Pushing Daisies. What an entertaining show it was. I can only hope they do an episode to give us closure.

I will just say my good bye with one of my favorite lines from the show...

"nun on the run... NUN on the RUN!!!" (I hope that if you watch the show that line made sense)

Greta said...

I love it too!! I hadn't heard they cancelled it! Sad sad day. I never watch any show live, except Dora or Diego, but I watch Pushing Daisies on the DVR religiously.

Miss Megan said...

If it's any consolation, two of my favorite shows (which were also critical hits) were canceled: Lipstick Jungle and The Ex List. Apparently there are lots of programs giving up the ghost recently, and I have heard rumors of an actor's guild strike on the horizon. For the love of all that's holy people?! Did we learn nothing from last year?!

I'm sorry your show is canceled, and I loved Lee Pace in "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" and Anna Friel in "Our Mutual Friend." *sigh* At least I have those!

Lorilee said...

Sadly I never saw your show, but I thought that your post pretty hilarious. I am at mom's. Call me.