Saturday, June 28, 2008

I'm grateful for . . .

S'mores made with Nutella (yum!). Sofia's dandelion-leaf goatee. Warming up around hot coals under the stars. Ryan telling me that I'm his best friend! Ryan and Sofia loving and playing with their cousins. Hiking, no matter how brief the trip. Flavored honey from the Trappist monastery. Having a good backbone, breastbone, and funny bone. Nate the Great. Reading books with the kids. Sofia happy that she can finally crawl. Corn on the cob. Anything Nate barbecues. Friends who let me be myself without having to worry about causing permanent damage if I screw up. Ryan singing the pirate song (Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!). The Utah Shakespeare Festival (we're going in less than a week :D). Getting to see where Nate works (and seeing stuff he's never seen). Ryan's IMFT badge. Snow cones on superhot days. Finding one raspberry alive! Satchmo. Having Mike and Megan over for dinner and entertaining discussion. Being able to keep to a budget. Being the Laurel advisor. Preparing lessons that help me at least as much as they help the girls. Bike rides that are starting to get easier.

3 comments:

Nate said...

That's nice Marie,

I think it's important to spend time thinking about, and focusing on, what's good in life.

It makes life so much better!

I love you!

Nate

Unknown said...

You're so cute, what a great list, it makes me think of what I am grateful for....you!

Miss Megan said...

Nutella on s'mores? Yum! I myself enjoy Nutella spread over a ripe banana. It's always a LOT of fun getting together with you guys, whether we're discussing movies, eating, watching movies, Oscar parties, bbq's, or sharing books. We just love you guys! Yeah for gratitude posts!