Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Colonial Days

This morning, Jenny, Camilla, and I met Warren and took our kids to Colonial Days outside of the Crandall Historical Printing Press (200 East Center Street). If you are in Provo July 3, 4, or 5, I highly recommend it. They had colonial games (like this one where you try to roll a marble through the arches--it's a lot harder than it looks):
They had a partial model of the Mayflower:
They had colonial craftspeople, like a blacksmith, a gunsmith, a candle maker, lace weavers, and a basket weaver.
Ryan tried on this basket backpack from the Adirondacks:
The blacksmith had interesting things, including a toaster, waffle iron, and trivet:
Ryan enjoyed playing the hoop and stick game:
I enjoyed spending time talking to Revolutionary reenacters. They have a number of historical documents, colonial dancing, and plenty of other things to see as well. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Nate said...

Here's another fun activity I had to miss out on. :( How sad for me.. it looks like you guys had a ton of fun without me.

I'm sure glad you have the opportunity to take the kids to these types of experiences.

Nate

Unknown said...

I didn't know they did that...I lived about a half mile from there for 3 years and never did indulge in the Colonial Days. You guys do the most fun things! Wish we lived closer so we could tag along!

Miss Megan said...

OK once again. Where do you find these things? P.S. The picture of Ryan with his basket backpack was adorable. That sweet little face!